The role of a Six Sigma Champion is critically important to the success of Six Sigma projects and the enabling and support of Six Sigma resources (Belts and Team Members). Champions are normally expected to identify, prioritize and assign projects of proper scope to Belts and Teams. As projects progress Champions regularly review and evaluate performance, removing barriers to implementation as needed.
This course prepares Champions by first orienting them to the Six Sigma methodology and tools with specific focus on their leadership role. They will then explore the detailed role of Belts and Team members and discuss how they can best support their efforts. Project prioritization, selection and assignment tools will be explored as well as the proper method to review and support project and team performance.
Agenda available on request
· Functional, Business Unit, and /or Project Managers
· Others leading Green Belts or Black Belts & Six Sigma Project Teams
Upon completion participants will be able to:
· Describe the rationale, purpose and critical success factors of a successful Six Sigma Initiative
· Define the roles and support requirements of Champions, Belts and Team Members
· Be familiar with the basic roadmap, methodology (DMAIC / DFSS) and tools
· Utilize Project Prioritization and Selection Methods and Tools
· Review, Motivate and Support Six Sigma Belts and Project Teams
· Understand typical barriers to implementation and techniques to remove.